My husband – being the wonderful man that he is – got me Ambitions about a week and a half ago as a “Feel Better” / Early Birthday present (my birthday isn’t until the end of June so I think he was just hoping it would make me feel better). I haven’t really gotten a chance to play it much since a few nights after he bought it for me, he had to rush me to the hospital at 3 in the morning because of some health issues that I’ve been dealing with.
However, since I finally finished the update (should be up later tonight) that I started playing back in early January and will finally be caught up to my game in updates, I am thinking about slowly incorporating some of the Ambitions features into my baby challenge. The main one I’m talking about is the “Self-Employed” Careers.
This is where I need all of my readers to give me your opinion on what you think I should do – because truthfully, I’m conflicted.
1) My rules clearly state that Christy isn’t allowed to work. That her life revolves around her children, but these rules were also created before Ambitions came out. The rules were mainly referring to the 9 to 5 day jobs where she would have to be leaving her children. With a self-employed career, she wouldn’t have to leave her children at all and would basically be making money the same way she was before – except she would be getting paid a little more. This is the part I’m conflicted on the most…if I get the self-employed job would it be considered breaking my rules as it is in fact a job? Or would it be alright since she never has to leave home?
I know many other challenge moms have used the self-employed career to make money for their families, and although the Quinn family isn’t really low on money (over 71,000 in available household funds) I do plan on moving them out around the 50th baby so the new house maybe more expensive.
2) If you guys don’t think that her getting a self-employed career would be cheating then that brings us to the next option. Which skill should she focus on? The choices she currently has listed are: Writer, Painter, Gardner, and Angler…
– Gardner: Christy has over 35 plants already on the lot – many of very high quality. Her gardening skill is maxed out, and she usually finishes this early in the morning so she would have all day for her children.
– Painter: Once again, Christy’s painting skill is maxed out so each painting sells for about 2000 – 3000, and most of the time they come out either Brillant or a Masterpiece.
– Angler: Again, Christy’s fishing skill is maxed out however unless I add the pond to the backyard again and stock it with fish, she will probably have to leave the lot in order to do this. Meaning that she would either have to wait until late at night to go fishing when the kids are all asleep or take the toddlers with her. Since she mostly has twins, one of the toddlers would most likely be left behind.
– Writer: Christy’s writing skill is actually the lowest of the skills mentioned and is only at level 6. This is mainly because writing takes a lot of time and tends to drain her fun so she isn’t able to do it as often so she probably wouldn’t be able to make a lot of money off of it.